I have been associated with the Australasian transport and shipping industry for the past 45 years. During this time I have been exposed to most facets of the logistics industry, including general management, operations, merge and acquisition, ship building, agency, IT Logistics and company directorships. Many of these positions were whilst employed by BHP (25 + years) and included assignments involving significant capital raising and other financial arrangements pursuant to growing a green field or brown field business.
Latterly as a Company Executive Director and CEO, my work focused on management and strategy in a variety of demanding and transformational situations. My past international assignments have facilitated strong business relationships with the Asian and Australian resource industry logistics network. This network involved regular interaction with freight forwarders, ship owners/ charterers, ship brokers, financial institutions, insurance companies, legal entities, port operators, government and resource industry principals.
We have moved interstate and overseas 13 times in our married life. I am now retired and celebrating 40 years of marriage. We have three wonderful and successful children who are now adults. Recently, we became grandparents. Darwin is Hotel California…you can check out anytime you want, albeit you can never leave.
Some of Peter’s more recent achievements include:
- CONOPS development for a US$10.5 Billion port in Qatar.
- Conceptual design work for 2 load ports – Oceania Nickel project.
- Marine consultant for construction of new handy size South Australian Timber Port.
- Marine Consultant for new Timor Leste cement plant, including MOF wharf design and main wharf (50,000TDWT Vessels)
- Tug Barge commercial operations proposal for Timor Leste Marine Supply Base.
- Mine Management plan input for development for new Australian Iron Ore Mine. Port terminal costs, barge storage, fleet charter, operational SOPs.
- Sourcing, prequalification, arranging finance and legal support to two container vessels for an expanding international fleet.
- Leading a private equity and management team to acquire controlling shares in a private shipping company.
- Participating in negotiations for a major shipping and logistics contract with a resource industry MNC.
- Identification of a new client base consistent with an agreed strategy.
- Managing a Merge &Acquisition team for the acquisition of a competitor.
- Designed strategically focused planning and performance measurement systems for a workforce of 400 employees.
- Redesigned organisational structures, accountabilities and performance measures for an acquired target (A$8.00million)
- Renewed company policies consistent with new strategy and community changing expectations.